Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pigs In The Blanket

This recipe was passed on to me from my British Grammy Jacques - Jacqueline Bradbury Kusior Maertens. I remember her making it for my sister and I when we were little and lived in California. I finally asked her for the recipe when I was in high school. Thanks, Gramma

1 Lg. Head Green Cabbage
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/4 C. Rice (any kind)
1 Med. Onion chopped finely
1 Egg
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste

1. Mix all ingredients until well blended

2. In a large pot put in whole head of cabbage. Bring the water to a boil and then turn to a simmer. Let cabbage leaves simmer until tender.

3. Gently pull cabbage leaves off and place a dollop of the beef mixture in center and roll up, closing the ends off half way through then finish rolling. Set all of the "Pigs" in a pot of hot water and let simmer for about 45 minutes or until rice is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment